Pages

For the Love of Pink // a tour of Ryan Elizabeth's room

Sunday, January 15, 2017


I don't have a ton of color in my house. I am constantly drawn to neutral tones (white, to be specific), but when you have a little girl who LOVES pink, you figure out a way to make her bedroom dreams a reality. Ryan constantly tells me how much she loves her room, the pink walls in particular, and that makes my momma heart sing!

I really want my girls' rooms to be a place that they enjoy being, a place they feel is their very own. This room completely fits the bill.


I loooooove the bedding available from The Land of Nod. It's such high quality and the detail is incredible!



📷 credit: The Land of Nod


Ryan wanted pink walls in her room, but as all girl moms know -- and girl dads, probably even to a greater extent-- the idea of pink walls is s.c.a.r.y! so we compromised and my husband put up some molding and we painted the bottom half of her room white, and chose a nice, WARM pink for the top half of the walls. The white really breaks up the pink and doesn't make it feel overwhelming.







This print and the photo with it (a photo of me holding Ryan, essentially for the first time while in recovery) makes me stop in my tracks just about every time I go into my little girl's room



It goes without saying that each of the girls have their very own "Ralphie" in their rooms! They are being groomed for their college selection already :) Go Buffs!


Another favorite in Ryan's room is the dove banner that I made by hand. Yes, I cute each one of these darn birds our myself and strung them on fishing line. I didn't really have a 'theme' when I started decorating her room, but between the birds and the butterflies on her bedding, a 'woodland' theme just kinda evolved.


A beautiful name. A beautiful date.




A very very special knitted zebra friend made by Aunt Alisa :)



 I love this little contraption! the groEgg. It tells me the temperature in Ryan's room and glows either yellow with a happy face (a good temperature), orange with a indifferent face (a moderately high temperature) or red with a frowning face (indicating a temperature that's too high and needs to be adjusted), I'm a paranoid momma, so this little guy is lovely!


Each of my girls also have a shadow box in their rooms with little momentos from their birth and stay in the hospital, although each is a little different with different items in them, which I love and feel makes them very personal. Each have the very first hospital hats their wore when pulled out at delivery (is it weird that I love that it still stained with blood from her birth? it makes it feel so real), Ryan's also has her umbilical cord clamp, her and my hospital bands, her first foot prints and the mesh ankle guards that held her electronic ID band on her ankle (they have since changed the location of this ID band to the umbilical cord.... crazy huh?)

Yet ANOTHER favorite in her room.


I adore this little face and it makes my so happy I can make her room reflective of her bright, outgoing, happy, wonderful little self!



Thanks for following along!

~trl~


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan