Pages

Mason Jar Cocktail Mixers {Holiday Gifting}

Friday, December 16, 2016

I recently had my company holiday gift exchange and was looking for something fun and different to give this year. Alcohol is generally well received at my office (because, well, the year end crunch is in full swing and who doesn't need to unwind a little?!) but I didn't want to bring just another bottle of wine. Luckily, I stumbled upon a cute tutorial on SomethingTurquoise.com for mason jar cocktail mixers. So I decided to recreate it and give you a small step by step here.


What you need:
-mason jars (or if you can find them, mason jar mugs!)
-cans of soda (note: you need the newer versions of soda cans that are just slightly smaller than standard cans. I found the ones you buy in a 12 pack worked perfectly)
-alcohol shooters
-gift tags
-string or twine
-paper straws (optional)
-scissors

I also grabbed some cute stickers for my gift tags, a gift basket and some ribbon to finish it off.



Easy, easy, easy.

1) place the soda can into the mason jar
2) tie your twine around the neck of the mason jar
3) make a loose knot with the loop open around the neck of the mason jar with the twine
4) insert the straw into the loop and tighten. I love how these ones look like candy canes!


5) repeat steps 3 & 4 with the shooters and tie in a bow  (you are essentially layering the straws and shooters)


6) add the gift tag with whatever salutation you choose



Ah, yeah, that's it. You probably didn't need an actual step by step for that, but it doesn't hurt 😉

I made a variety of cocktail combinations for this particular gift basket including:

Jack & Coke


Seagrams & 7up


Dr. Pepper & Fireball


Red Bull Vodka


Coffee & Bailey's


Voila! Happy Gifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan