Pages

A Colorado Christmas// 2016 Activity Guide

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

If you live in Colorado, there is definitely no shortage for things to do. Especially during the holidays! Christmas was always such a magical time when I was younger and I really want to continue that tradition with my children. Which means our weeks leading up to Christmas are jam packed with fun holiday activities and I've linked a few of my favorites here!



We didn't make it out to the Denver Parade of Lights this year because, well, infants 😊 But this is always kind of the "kick off" to Christmas in Colorado! We will definitely be making plans to go to this next year!

Another "kick off" event that is one of the longest standing traditions in Denver is the lighting of Civic Center

One of my favorite things to do is to watch Historic Downtown Little light up. This tiny downtown is chalk full of  boutique and specialty stores. A true delight, especially at Christmas!

Want a funny story to go along with this next recommendation? Growing up in a town adjacent to Castle Rock, I always knew about the star on top of The Rock. But when we first moved here, we completely forgot about the Star Lighting Ceremony. One night we heard what we thought were gunshots outside. Living in the world we do today, I freaked out, made sure all the doors were locked and rushed the baby (there was only one at that time) down into the basement. I turned on the news and waited to hear what was going on. Nothing. So I checked social media to see if the news was reporting on a shooting in the neighborhood (we live in a very safe neighborhood, but you never know I guess...) and I did in fact find a story to explain the "gunshots" we heard. They were fireworks from the Star Lighting Ceremony 😂 We went to the actual Ceremont the next year and it is magical!

Of course I couldn't forget the Denver Zoo Lights! We have done this every year for as long as I can remember.

I can't wait until the girls are old enough to sit through the Denver Ballet's The Nutcracker!

No doubt taking the littles to The North Pole just outside Manitou Springs is a "must do at least once"!

And then, of course there are a MILLION places to go see Santa, but my favorite that I have found is at Southglenn Mall. The Santa is great, the line isn't long and then there is a cute little ice smarting rink right outside... and they have some of my favorite stores right there!

No doubt there are a bunch of others that I just haven't thought of, but these are some of my favorites! Happy Holidays!

~trl~




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan