Pages

Caroline's Baptism // 11.20.2016

Monday, November 21, 2016

We had our sweet Caroline baptized into the Catholic faith this past weekend. Our faith (and religion) are very important to Nick and I both and having our girls baptized (each when they were around 3 months old)  provides a huge sense of relief that we are doing our part as parents to introduce them into the Catholic community.


A quick note about Caroline's baptismal gown--- which is actually MY baptismal gown. This gown was made for me by my aunt Terri (obviously when I was baptized as an infant) in 1984. It has since been worn by Ryan at her baptism in 2013, Olivia at her baptism in 2014 and now our youngest baby girl, Caroline in 2016. Each time it has been worn, the new Catholic's name and the date of the baptism has been embroidered onto the hem of the dress.

I an enamored by this gown because it has become an absolute family heirloom and I hope that my grandbabies (and generations to come) will some day wear this gown at their baptism.




Baptism is no easy task (I mean, you have water thrown in your face when you are 3 months old) but my sweet babe handled it like a champ and completely won over the heart of Fr. Frank :)



May God bless you, sweet Caroline, all the days of you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan